Wednesday, June 6, 2012

So Sorry..

Oh the stories, pictures, recipes, crafts and random things I have to share. Bread making, Cob oven building, hand stitching, wedding pillow creating, and ohhhh the spinach.. to name a few. Frustratingly, my health has been lacking these past 9 weeks and progress can only be represented by a wee snail, in no hurry for health. It would make for a great artsy film but not for a busy spring.
  These lungs of mine have never been a happy couple. They're fussy and don't like to keep certain company.  When I was 12, I took a non-stop drive with a boarding school friend of mine and her parents to Florida. I think the trip was about 24 hours from Montreal to Miami.  My dear friend's father smoked a pipe the whole time and never once cracked the window.. That trip was a turning point in my life,  from then on I was intolerant of most animals and suffered routinely at the hands of the changing of the seasons and various other airborne things. Of course, as a teenager I wasn't havin' it. Rebelling against the puffers and pills, I began smoking cigarettes (though in my defense it was Quebec in the 90's, where a 'just barely' teenager could buy her cigarettes for 10 cents each at the corner store).
 Cats became my Kriptonite. They have sent me to the hospital struggling to breathe more times than I wish to remember. But I left all that behind when I moved to British Columbia. The nice damp air and warmer winters helped immensely. But spring... is a different story.
This Spring in particular has been especially vicious.
Did you know that you can cough so long and hard that you can crack your ribs? I do.. lol (can't really laugh out loud though..owe..:))
I could go into so many reasons why I think I have a sensitive system and things one can do to help the situation, but I can see no reason why anyone would find that remotely interesting..
All this to say, I have lots coming, bare with, stay tuned and if you can breathe well, enjoy it.

This song is dedicated to my lungs:


And this song is dedicated to my ribs: 



No comments:

Post a Comment